Grid 3 empowers people with disabilities to communicate, control their environment and access their computer. Grid 3 is a complete AAC software package, designed to help you communicate and connect with the world around you.
Website of the entity
- Easy editing. Creating and personalising resources in Grid 3 is so simple and intuitive. You can achieve everything, from editing a cell to creating whole new grid sets, within only a few clicks. It is quicker than ever to make changes on the go using the touch-friendly interface.
- Beautifully simple. Grid 3 not only has an intuitive user interface but it looks great too. The design and styling make your grids look fantastic and simpler to use.
- Endless possibilities. Whether you’re new to assistive technology or a technology whizz, Grid 3 supports you through your day-to-day life, with ready-made grid sets available for you to get started straight away.
- First of its kind. After years of research and development Grid 3 raises the bar for assistive technology, featuring patented technology not available in any other software. Grid 3 is a complete software solution and provides a breadth of tools and features that has never been available before.
- The power to have your own voice. Grid 3 software powers high-tech communication aids; turning text and symbols into speech. We have a library of voices that can be tailored to create a voice that belongs to you.
- Keep in touch with people around the world. Using accessible tools for email, Skype and popular social media options like Facebook, you can keep in touch with family, friends and colleagues all over the world.
- Tools for work, school and home. Whether you use symbols or text to communicate, there are applications and grid sets that will support you to achieve in the workplace and while studying. From powerful Computer Control tools that give you full access to Windows through to resources for people developing the early skills to use a communication aid.
- Control your environment. Grid 3 also includes our Servus Environment Control technology. So if you use Grid 3 on a Grid Pad or dedicated Servus device you can operate any compatible accessory, from televisions and telephones to heaters and beds.
- Designed for access. The accessible design of Grid 3 means that your dashboard, Grid Explorer, and every grid set is constructed using cells which can be accessed using eye gaze, touch, switch and pointing devices.
- Bespoke to you. Grid 3 is ready to go straight out of the box, but has been designed so you can edit your grid sets to suit your needs. So whether you would prefer larger text, high contrast colours or larger cells to target, everything is possible.
Scanning with one or more switches
Scanning with pointing device
Scanning with keyboard
Voice scan control
Management by end-user
Rows by columns
Board creation and edition
Integrated in the application
Boards hierarchical structure
To open external programs
Cell hide/show function
Create symbols using "Drag and drop"
Supportive Writing and Printing
Word processing function
Yes (save, open and edit documents)
Write in external program
Message or document
Remote communication & Internet
Accessible web browser
Interactive educational games
No (help on the manufacturer's website)
Yes (maker website)
Specifications / Requirements
1.33 GHz or faster
|Disability||Functional description||ICF code||Qualifier||Product use|
|Physical||Control of simple voluntary movements||b7600.1||MILD problem||It is possible to use the product with a MILD level of difficulty in this functional description|
|Physical||Control of complex voluntary movements||b7601.3||SEVERE problem||It is possible to use the product with a SEVERE level of difficulty in this functional description|
|Visual||Visual acuity functions||b2100.1||MILD problem||It is possible to use the product with a MILD level of difficulty in this functional description|
|Auditory||Speech discrimination||b2304.3||SEVERE problem||It is possible to use the product with a SEVERE level of difficulty in this functional description|
|Cognitive||Intellectual functions||b117.2||MODERATE problem||It is possible to use the product with a MODERATE level of difficulty in this functional description|
|Functional description||ICF code||Qualifier||Product function that solves the difficulty|
|Undertaking multiple tasks independently||d2202.4||COMPLETE problem||Environment control|
|Communicating with - receiving - spoken messages||d310.4||COMPLETE problem||Communication boards|
|Writing messages||d345.4||COMPLETE problem||Communication boards|
|Producing signs and symbols||d3351.4||COMPLETE problem||Communication boards|
|Producing drawings and photographs||d3352.4||COMPLETE problem||Camera board|
|Using telecommunication devices||d3600.4||COMPLETE problem||Phone and SMS boards|
|Assistive products and technology for education||e1301.4||COMPLETE problem||Computer control|
|Communication services||e5350.4||COMPLETE problem||Email board|
|Media services||e5600.4||COMPLETE problem||Intenet board|
Price excluding VAT in euros (approximate, may vary)
|Accessibility Services, Inc.||USA||No||Yes||Yes|
|BJ Adaptaciones||International, Spain||Yes||No||No|
|Inclusive Technology||International, United Kingdom||Yes||No||No|
|Liberator||Internet, United Kingdom||Yes|
Analysis and evaluation