"JAWS" (Job Access With Speech) is a computer screen reader program for Microsoft Windows that allows blind and visually impaired users to read the screen either with a text-to-speech output or by a Refreshable Braille display.
Using JAWS, get started today, working with Microsoft and IBM Lotus Symphony applications. JAWS is the world's most popular screen reader, developed for computer users whose vision loss prevents them from seeing screen content. JAWS reads aloud what's on the PC screen and gives the user a unique set of intelligent tools for navigating and accesses Web pages and all screen content.
JAWS enables you to work with Lotus Symphony, a suite of IBM tools for word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation creation and with Lotus Notes by IBM. JAWS also is compatible with Microsoft Office Suite, MSN Messenger, Corel WordPerfect, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Internet Explorer, Firefox - and many more applications that are used on a regular basis on the job and in school.
Source: Freedom Scientific
- Talking installation - fast and easy.
- Two multi-lingual speech synthesizers - Eloquence and Vocalizer with great natural-sounding speech.
- Sample and download Vocalizer voices.
- DAISY-formatted basic training in text and audio
- More than 15 years experience working with Windows, distributed in 55 countries, and translated into 24 languages.
- JAWS 11.0.1467 and later supports dual monitors.
- Research It at your fingertips - fast and simple to look up information like definitions, sport scores, area codes, stock listings, and more.
- Convenient OCR - with just a few simple keystrokes, access any image on the screen that includes text.
- A display adapter capable of at least 800 x 600 screen resolution with 16-bit color (1024 x 768 screen resolution with 32-bit color is recommended).
- Internet connection is only required for product activation and software update.
|Freedom Scientific Releases JAWS 15||Freedom Scientific|
|JAWS and MAGic Selected by the Ministry for Information and Communications Technologies (MinTIC) for the Visually Impaired of Colombia||Freedom Scientific|
|Centro de Investigación, Desarrollo y Aplicación Tiflotécnica||Spain||No||Yes||Yes|