Click-N-Type is an on-screen virtual keyboard designed to provide computer accessibility to anyone with a disability that prevents him or her from typing on a physical computer keyboard. As long as the physically challenged person can control a mouse, trackball, touch screen or other pointing device, this adaptive software keyboard allows you to send keystrokes to virtually any Windows application or DOS application that can run within a window. The Click-N-Type Virtual Keyboard requires Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP/Vista/Win-7 or later. There are other onscreen virtual keyboards around but you'll find Click-N-Type the easiest to use for getting text into problematic applications. Try them all. You'll see they all work fine while typing into Notepad or WordPad, but when you attempt to do some real work, with all but the expensive ones, you'll get really annoyed really fast. The Click-N-Type Soft Keyboard was designed with ease of use foremost in mind. Oh yes, it's FREE. If you need it, you can have it. I've seen too many people trying to make money off disabled people.
Source: Lake Software
- FREE full featured on-screen virtual keyboard for anyone with a disability that prevents, or makes it difficult for, him or her from typing on a physical computer keyboard.
- Word prediction and completion.
- Fully configurable including macros.
- AutoClick and Scanning Modes.
- Multilingual with many language/keyboard packs available.
- Keyboard Designer and many user designed layouts included.
- Audible and visible feedback options, including Spoken Keys.
- Designed for anyone who needs help using a physical keyboard with special consideration for the severely handicapped.
- Works with all pointing devices including head mouse and virtual mouse programs like Point-N-Click.
- Programs to administer user access available.
- Requires Windows 98/Me/NT/2000/XP/Vista/Win-7.
- Portable version for USB Flash Drives.
- A Win-95 version available.